Product Id: TP-12
Are you planning on spending a nice and chill day at the beach in Tayrona Park? let’s go to “Playa Cristal” one of the most beautiful beaches in Santa Marta and its surroundings.
Appreciate the magnificent scenery around this stunning beach located inside the Tayrona National Park. This is the best option for those who would like to experience this famous park without having to hike at all. Let the breeze and the mountains embrace you, and enjoy a wonderful day taking the sun, reading your favorite book, doing snorkeling (not included in price), and swimming throughout the turquoise, tranquil and refreshing waters of Playa Cristal.
– You will be visiting one of the most popular national parks in Colombia
– Avoid the crowds: Private car and boat just for you and your companions
– This is a different way to explore the Tayrona Park without having to hike at all, which means is an excellent option for kids and the elderly.
– No hidden or extra fees: The only thing you have to worry about is your food (breakfast or lunch), the rest is included.
- One bottled water per person
- Private transportation
- Professional driver at full disposal
- Tayrona Park entrance fee
- Boat from Neguanje bay to Playa Cristal
- Professional guide
- Food (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Tips (Optional)
What do I need to bring?
- Mosquito repellent.
- Comfortable clothes, a cap, and sea shoes/sandals/flip flops.
- Swimsuits and towels
- Copy of the passports (EXTRA IMPORTANT)
- Our driver will pick you up at your hotel at 7:00 AM. After a 40 minutes ride, you will arrive at the Tayrona Park entrance called “Palangana”.
- Here you will listen to a 15 minutes talk about important information and instructions that need to be followed once you enter the national park. While you listen to this talk, our driver will take your passports and the booking voucher to the people in charge and thus claim the paper bracelets you have to use while in the park.
- After you finish the talk, our driver will take you to Neguanje bay. 15 minutes before arriving at this bay, there will be a stop at “7 Olas viewpoint”. Here you can enjoy the breeze and the stunning view of 7 Olas beach, take some pictures to remember this wonderful place.
- After arriving in Neguanje bay, there will be a boat that will take us to Playa Cristal. The time we will spend getting to Playa Cristal, will be only 10 minutes.
- Then, in Playa Cristal, he will take you to the tent where you can leave your stuff while you enjoy your time at the beach. A waiter will show you the menu at your arrival, so that he can have your meal ready at your requested hour, please, take into account that lunch is not included in the price, therefore, make sure you bring some cash in order to pay for lunch.
- At 3:00 PM, you will go back to Neguanje Bay, and afterward, our driver will take you directly to your hotel.
Don’t miss this experience. You won’t regret it!
Click below to see prices and book this tour with us
You are seeing 8 reviews out of 101!
Do you still have some doubts about this day trip?
We are more than happy to help you craft the ideal itinerary according to your preferences. If you have questions or you would like to talk to us before booking please fill out the form.
We can provide you with convenient information such as the best hotels in Santa Marta, the best things to do near Santa Marta, ground transportation in Colombia’s north Caribbean coast, Santa Marta’s local attractions and how to get around.
You can also email us:
Or text us via WhatsApp:
(+57) 300 722-1679
Cool things to do in Santa Marta, Tayrona Park and Minca you may also like
Frequently Asked Questions
As for now, (September 15, 2021), the national park does not require its visitors to show a COVID-19 vaccine certification.
Currently, nor the cashiers or the people at the gates require to show you the Yellow Fever vaccine certification. There hasn’t been any cases recently, however, if you have the opportunity to get the vaccine we strongly encourage you to just go for it.
Visitors are required to use a face mask the whole time and must follow safety protocols at the entrance such as hand disinfection and temperature checks.
The national park is open from Monday to Sunday. The cashiers who sell you the entrance work until 12:00 PM, therefore, make sure you get there way before so that you are able to get in.
It totally is! It’s a popular destination in Colombia and many consider it the best beaches in our country, Colombia. It is a must-go if you are coming to Colombia.
Every month of the year is a great time to go to Tayrona Park, however, there are certain months such as May, June, September and October where the park is usually empty and you get to enjoy it much more. December, January, July and August is full season and tends to be overcrowded at times. Please, be aware we are a tropical country, and even though we have rainier months like September, October and November, we have rains all over the year.
Yes, in 2020 the Tayrona Park re-opened its doors in November. In 2021, local authorities and indigenous communities are shutting the park down to give it a break. These are the dates when the park will be closed this year:
– Feb 1 – 15, 2021
– Jun 1 – 15, 2021
– Oct 19 – Nov 2, 2021
Currently, the authorities haven’t announced the dates the Tayrona Park will be closed in 2022, however, it is usually closed in February, June and at the end of October. Once we posses this information, we will be publishing it in our website.