Product Id: TP-08
Let’s go to La Candelaria farm, a cozy and an authentic Colombian organic chocolate farm located 3200 ft above sea level, here you will be stunned with the tremendously amazing views, and also, you will learn how milk chocolate (and other types of chocolate) are prepared from the seed. In addition, you will be able to relax and enjoy the refreshing and pristine waters of Marinka waterfalls, undoubtedly the most gorgeous waterfalls in the area.
Easy (4×4) /Intermediate (hike)
– Learn how organic chocolate is made from the seed.
– Put your hands to work and make the milk chocolate yourself.
– Perfect tour for families with +4 year old kids.
– Avoid the crowds: Private car and guide just for you and your companions.
– Hidden gem: this is a hard-to-find destination due to its location.
– No hidden or extra fees: The only thing you have to worry about is your food (breakfast or lunch), the rest is included.
- One bottled water per person
- Private transportation
- Professional driver at full disposal
- Chocolate tour (in English or Spanish)
- Marinka Waterfall admission fee
- Professional guide
- Food (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Tips (Optional)
What do I need to bring?
- Bug Spray (EXTRA IMPORTANT)
- Comfortable clothes, a cap, and sneakers.
- Swimsuits (for the waterfalls) and towels
- Cash for paying lunch
- We pick you up at the coordinated time.
- 50 minutes later, we arrive in Minca, a small village located 650 meters above the level sea.
- 30 minutes later we arrive at La Candelaria Farm entrance. After a short 15 minutes walk, we will meet the guide who will teach us every step of chocolate production from picking the seed until it is served in your cup.
- After the chocolate farm tour finishes, we depart to Minca.
- From Minca we will head to Marinka Waterfalls.
- Once we arrive at the Waterfalls, you can spend your time swimming and/or relaxing.
- After you enjoy your time here, we can either head to the restaurant so that you can take lunch (LUNCH IS NOT INCLUDED) or return to Santa Marta.
Don’t miss this experience. You won’t regret it!
Click below to see prices and book this tour with us
Do you still have some doubts about this day trip?
We are more than happy to help you craft the ideal itinerary according to your preferences. If you have questions or you would like to talk to us before booking please fill out the form.
We can provide you with convenient information such as the best hotels in Santa Marta, the best things to do near Santa Marta, ground transportation in Colombia’s north Caribbean coast, Santa Marta’s local attractions and how to get around.
You can also email us:
Or text us via WhatsApp:
(+57) 300 722-1679
Cool things to do in Santa Marta, Tayrona Park and Minca you may also like
Frequently Asked Questions
Visitors are required to use a face mask the whole time and must follow safety protocols at the entrance such as hand disinfection and temperature checks.